Today’s there is no time or very less time to everyone
We all are so busy in our life we don’t have time for self.
That’s why We need a practice which give optimum results in less time.
Yes I am talking about the wonderful Pranayama practice Anulom vilom or Nadi Sodhna Pranayam.
Some people also call this practice Anulom vilom that also correct.
What makes this Practice so wonderful and amazing
Because there is no limitation of this Practice
Its Very easy to do
Less time consuming
There are so many Researchs also happened on the effect of Anulom vilom.
And there is scientific evidence also available which is showing the positive effect of Nadi sodhna on brain Function.
A famous retreat center of the Sweden has done the research on Anulom vilom Pranayama as per their research if Anulom vilom or Nadi sodhna done regularly it improve brain function, emotional establishing and also improve concentration power.
Meaning of the word Nadi sudhi Pranayama
in Yogic terms Nadi sodhna means cleansing the Nadis.
first let me tell you what is Nadis
The Nadis are our energetic irrigation system, in essence, they keep us alive. According to many Tantric texts, the human body contains 72,000 Nadis that channelise the Prana to every cell.
We can’t see these Nadis in our Body
But they are exits..
in 72000 Nadis 3 Nadis are very important in our body
Ida, Pingala and Sushumna.
our left nostril represents Ida nadi the passive channel faminine. it is associated with the Moon when our left nostril blocked one experience cold
, depression, low mental energy, sluggish etc.
Right nostril represents Pingla Nadi the active channel masculine it is associated with Sun.
So when your right nostril is blocked you can experience heat in the body, quick tempre, excessive appetite, excessive physical or sexual energy.
Sushumna is the expression of perfect balance and neutrality between Ida Nadi and Pingala Nadi.
Balancing Sun and Moon, facilitates the awakening of kundalini shakti through sushumna Nadi and, thus, the awakening of higher consciousness.
Nadi sodhna pranayama balance the Ida and Pingla and open the pathway of Sushmna Nadi. which is the the state of meditation or higher consciousness.
Simply you can say it’s very easy to do meditation after Nadi Sudhhi.
How to do Anulom Vilom or Nadi Sodhna Pranyama
You can do this practice with different Mudras, recommended is Nasikagra Mudra, sit in any meditative posture Sukhasana, Padmasana, Siddhasana, those who cannot sit down they can sit on the chair also,
very important thing is your back should be straight your neck must be straight why it should be, so that you can use your lungs fully and completely through inhalation and exhalation, when our back is hunched, you can’t use your lungs capacity fully, so to use the lungs fully and completely in inhale and exhale, your back should be straight.
Do this Practice with nasi kagra Mudra in this your two fingers should be fully Closed of right hand and other 3 finger will be open.
we will use the ring finger and thumb
now the left hand will be in the chin mudra on your left knee.
now close your right nostril with the thumb inhale with the left fully and completely, after inhalation close the left nostril with your ring finger, exhale with right completely after exhalation, inhale with right and exhale with left so this is one round, this is Nadi Sodhna Pranayama make sure your eyes is closed during the practice.
Key points which is very important to know:-
1. Don’t do force breathing. Keep the flow gentle and natural do not make any breathing sound.
2. Place the fingers very lightly on the nose.
3. Don’t do any Ujjai breath. Breathing should be natural..
4. Timing :- Perfect time to do Nadi sodhna is the morning time after freshup, before breakfast.
but those who are very stressed, not getting sleep properly they should do at least 3 times in a day means 1st in the morning 2nd time in the evening around 6 o’clock and 3rd time is before bed to be stress free. make sure your stomach is fully empty when you are doing the practice
in any practice of yoga at least 3 hour gap must be there. this is very important.
5. Beginners can start with 5 minuts or 9 rounds slowly slowly you can go to 10 mints 15 mints or more also
6. Initially you can feel pain in your arm while doing the practice because your hand will be hanging during the practice for long time. don’t worry at all whenever you feel pain in your arm you can relax for a while take normal breath for 30 to 40 seconds you will be fine, again you can start.
7. After Pranayama give a gap of 20 to 30 minuts before start your meal.
8. This is important points always start with left nostril and end the practice with left nostril
Why because our left nostril represent to Ida Nadi which is associate with moon and moon is a symbol of calmness so to get the calmness in the mind we should start from Left and end with left.
Now will talk about other amazing benefits of Nadi Sodhna Pranayam
1. When practising this technique we use deep, slow breathing and access the full capacity of the lungs. As a result its very good to improve the respiratory health.
2. Nadi Shuddhi balance our sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems thts why its very good practice to reduce stress and anxiety.
3. In a Nadi Shuddhi practice, we try to keep our attention on the breath. By consistently bringing our wandering minds out of the past/future and back into the present in this way, we strengthen the neural networks that prevent rumination.
5. By Anulom vilom energy can be drawn upwards and the practitioner can experience powerful, mystical states during meditation.
6. By this practice our brain function improve it also very good to increase concentration and awareness.
Did you see how amazing this practice.
If we do regularly
You can see the changes in yourself in a short time
So start from today.
So this is all about Anulom vilom Pranayama
Thnks for your valuable time
may all be happy and healthy